Texas is the second biggest state in the United States in terms of land mass and the second most populous state in the country. It is a cosmopolitan state with English and Spanish as its native languages. Austin is the capital city of Texas whereas Houston is the largest city. Texas has a wide range of tourist attractions for anyone visiting or living in the state. Different towns have different picturesque sceneries that will make a visit to the state complete. For those who want to travel under the Visa Waiver Program, the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) gives details on how to apply. The following is a list of the top cool things to do in Texas.
Texas has a number of public golf courses and parks where tourists can learn how to golf or take on their friends for free. These parks are located at the Hermann Park in Houston city. And also the Palmer Course at La Cantera, San Antonio. The Park is an 18-hole public golf course with a beautiful landscape.
2. A visit to a Museum
3. Outdoor activities
Texas also plays host to parks and zoos that are ultimate tourist attractions. Outdoor activities are allowed in these parks, making them the best social areas.
• Barton Springs Pool in Austin is the best place to cool off on a hot summer day.
• Experience all the outdoor activities like biking, hiking and kayaking at Zilker Park in Austin.
• A picnic or swim at the Hamilton pool that has a waterfall.
• Outdoor theatre acts at the Miller Outdoor Theatre in Houston, Texas.
• At sunset, see the bats emerge from the Congress Avenue Bridge and cover the sky.
• A visit to the Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens will recreate the environmental beauty right before your eyes.
• The Zero Gravity amusement Park which is accredited with being the worlds only “Thrill Amusement Park” with 5 different thrill rides.
• Football games at the Minute Maid Park in Houston.
• A visit to the picturesque Water Wall in Houston for picnics and other outdoor activities.
Some of Texas zoos and environmental attractions are:
• The Houston zoo that educates on the importance of animal care and conservation.
• The Dallas World Aquarium that has a wide assortment of exotic fish.
Texas has a number of music and art theatres that provide a magical experience to art lovers. Some of these theaters are the Morton H. The Meyerson Symphony Center is the town’s center for cultural and musical acts as well as the 1929 Majestic Theatre in San Antonio that serves as a movie theatre.
5. Cowboy Experience
No trip to Texas is complete without a shooting and horseback ride experience. Shooting at the San Antonio Western Shooting complex. in addition, horseback rides at the riding stables in South Padre Island.
Texas offers a wonderful beach experience at its coastal cities. Some of the cool activities to do there include Dolphin watching at the Dolphin Research and Sea Life Nature Center and the Scenic walking on the Laguna Madre Nature Trail in South Padre Island. The nature trail is also good for bird watching.